Swimmers allocation for the 1000m event
IISA 3rdWorld Champ Murmansk
- IISA has allocated 144 starts to the 1000m event.
- The 1000m event will take place over two days.
- Each heat will have 8 swimmers
- Heats are seeded by time, not age group. Slow to fast.
- Day 1 - 4 heats, Day 2 = 32 swimmers
- Day 2 – 14 heats = 112 swimmers.
- Women 1000m fastest heat will be held Day 2 lunch time.
- Men 1000m fastest heat will be held Day 2 evening.
- There are no finals – Winners are the top 3 overall M/F and in each age group.
Allocation per country [this is a base case, it may change as we get interest and know numbers on entries]
Countries that has only 1 entry allocated can apply for two in case we have places.
Please submit your intertest to your country board. If the board is not active – submit it to IISA at firstname.lastname@example.orgWhen submitting an interest – please state: Time, age group, experience
- The Allocation Philosophy is to maximise medals (podium places) per country.
- That covers overall winners and age group winners.
- Fastest swimmers overall will be selected first, yet, not all of them.
- Following that fastest swimmers in their age group.
- (Example… if you are age group 70-74 and you may get a world record for your country, you should apply even if your time is 24-25 minutes)
- Entries will be open 15-October. Entry doesn’t guarantee a place in world champ, but no entry will certainly guarantee – no place in world champ J
- Each country needs to prepare an A list and a B list, in case some swimmers from the A list can’t make it. It’s not an easy process but it allows for backup in case of no show.
- We will accept entries of unqualified swimmers as long as they have qualified before entries are closed.
4x250m country relay
- This is a very prestigious race.
- It is 4 x 250m sprint in the ICE.
- Each country can put forward a relay team. The team must be mixed. At least one male and one female.
- Country should put their fastest 250m swimmers. There are no qualification and no requirements to have done an ICE Km. IISA membership and medicals will be required.
- A participant in the 4x250m country relay must compete in at least another event from 100m upwards.
- We will not allow mixing countries; all swimmers must have their country nationality as per IISA rules.
Good luck and See you in the ICE